A Quick Word

Thank you for taking time to visit my blog! For more info about this blog, you may check out the Content tab. For all re-posts and other articles that caught my eye, you'll find them in Echoes. My own literary pieces are in Anthology; tips, trivia and info are in Blabs; anything about movies in Flicks; food-related stuff in Gastronomy; my journey to getting hitched in I Do;places, trips and activities are in Jaunts; anything about books in Lit; and short posts in Snips. Lastly, you'll find my contact details in Say Hi.

Monday, August 27, 2012

On ICS Encryption

It's actually good to know that with the surge of smart phones where you take pictures of everything and sync in all your accounts including your business emails, credit cards, etc. you have the option of encrypting your phone.

Galaxy S3 Encryption Screenshot from Cnet
Now I decided to encrypt mine, took almost an hour, and now I feel a little bit secured. Thing is, I probably did not pay much attention to the warning, so I was thrown off guard afterwards when I found out I'm stuck on using either my pin or password on screen locks. So bye bye to patterns and face unlock... well unless I decide to reset and wipe out my data.

Some screen lock options disabled afterwards on my Galaxy Prime!
So think twice if you really want to encrypt your phone. I'm disappointed that I can't use some cool ICS features, but I'm keeping it this way for the sake of my accounts.

2 comments:

  1. It's cool that you did that. When it comes to techie things, I seem to be at a loss. ;-)

    Anyway, I included your blog as an awardee for the Liebster Blog Award at http://myownwritersnook.blogspot.com/2012/09/just-received-leibster-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well hello there! Nice to emeet you! Are you on Android too? Good thing my OS upgraded to Jellybean so lock options are back even with the encryption going on! Will try and make a post on Jellybean features like option to download maps for access offline.ü Thanks again for the thumbs up. Get well soon!

      Delete