A Quick Word

Thank you for taking time to visit my blog! For more info about this blog, you may check out the Content tab. For all re-posts and other articles that caught my eye, you'll find them in Echoes. My own literary pieces are in Anthology; tips, trivia and info are in Blabs; anything about movies in Flicks; food-related stuff in Gastronomy; my journey to getting hitched in I Do;places, trips and activities are in Jaunts; anything about books in Lit; and short posts in Snips. Lastly, you'll find my contact details in Say Hi.

Thursday, November 24, 2016

Last Grind

Lost between the crevices,
are dusts of what have been.
Scampering, trying to hang-on,
palms tensed, brows dripping sweat.

The futility of it all is pitiful,
the innocence has persevered cluelessly,
trudged unknowingly, lost even before it began,
crumbling pillars of sleight.

Armed with shattered pieces,
it was all for naught.
Bleak realization has come,
still desperately clinging, enduring.

For life is such-- everything eventually succumbs,
time is both an affliction and a relief,
possessing and then liberating,
as she slowly fades away.

Rob LP
10/22
4:37 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment