A Quick Word

Thank you for taking time to visit my blog! For more info about this blog, you may check out the Content tab. For all re-posts and other articles that caught my eye, you'll find them in Echoes. My own literary pieces are in Anthology; tips, trivia and info are in Blabs; anything about movies in Flicks; food-related stuff in Gastronomy; my journey to getting hitched in I Do;places, trips and activities are in Jaunts; anything about books in Lit; and short posts in Snips. Lastly, you'll find my contact details in Say Hi.

Monday, April 16, 2012

Post Lamentation

Image from Ghost in the Machine, Jacob Sutton












I've come undone,
swept by the tidal waves
I've been devoured.


My synapses pulsing wildly,
furious at the blatant consciousness
in the cross aftermath.


I've struggled to retaliate,
dumb stricken by the desolation,
and yet I've held back.


Far ahead in the distance,
there's a flicker of light,
I ran after.


Nowhere to go, nowhere to be,
but facing a glint of hope,
I've never looked back.


April 16, 2012
7:15 PM



No comments:

Post a Comment