A Quick Word

Thank you for taking time to visit my blog! For more info about this blog, you may check out the Content tab. For all re-posts and other articles that caught my eye, you'll find them in Echoes. My own literary pieces are in Anthology; tips, trivia and info are in Blabs; anything about movies in Flicks; food-related stuff in Gastronomy; my journey to getting hitched in I Do;places, trips and activities are in Jaunts; anything about books in Lit; and short posts in Snips. Lastly, you'll find my contact details in Say Hi.

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Be Searchable- Submit Your Site to Google and Bing!

I hope I'm not mistaken, but as far as I know, major search engines such as Google, Yahoo and Bing automatically update their own site indices. Thing is, we can't really tell how long it takes for them to do that, so to check if they've already included your site every time they crawl the web, go to the different search engines (Google, Yahoo and Bing etc.), type this in the search box, and hit search :

site:<yoururl>

For example:

site:thetalkingsenses.blogspot.com
 
If it generates result/s then congratulations, your site has already been enlisted! If not, you can wait a few more days and do a search once again, or you could manually submit your site to some of the search engines like Google and Bing (as Yahoo has already merged with Bing webmaster tools).

To Submit Your Site to Google

2. Enter your homepage.
3. Enter the captcha.
4. Click Submit Request.

To Submit Your Site to Bing

2. Scroll to the bottom of the page, unless you want to register.
3. Enter the code that is shown.
4. Enter your homepage.
5. Click Submit URL.

And that's it! Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment