A Quick Word

Thank you for taking time to visit my blog! For more info about this blog, you may check out the Content tab. For all re-posts and other articles that caught my eye, you'll find them in Echoes. My own literary pieces are in Anthology; tips, trivia and info are in Blabs; anything about movies in Flicks; food-related stuff in Gastronomy; my journey to getting hitched in I Do;places, trips and activities are in Jaunts; anything about books in Lit; and short posts in Snips. Lastly, you'll find my contact details in Say Hi.

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Euphemisms: A Powerful Marketing Tool


As a marketing person myself, I'm deeply interested in all sorts of persuasion, in particular, the magical effect of the proper choice of words that would really convert into sales. More so when we're talking about ancient second-hand items, the I-hope-I-can-still-earn-from-this-junk things which are in desperate need of a miracle to make it possible for them to get sold.

To give you a graphic representation of what I'm saying, take this example from Lunchbreath:

Now, a piece of advice to our dear consumers. Be vigilant when buying second hand items okay? Especially when it comes to furniture, take note of the euphemisms. 


The next time you see..

For Sale:
Brushed Metal Victorian Heirloom Dresser
$ 6,250.00

..you can easily figure out what it actually looks like.

No comments:

Post a Comment