A Quick Word

Thank you for taking time to visit my blog! For more info about this blog, you may check out the Content tab. For all re-posts and other articles that caught my eye, you'll find them in Echoes. My own literary pieces are in Anthology; tips, trivia and info are in Blabs; anything about movies in Flicks; food-related stuff in Gastronomy; my journey to getting hitched in I Do;places, trips and activities are in Jaunts; anything about books in Lit; and short posts in Snips. Lastly, you'll find my contact details in Say Hi.

Monday, March 26, 2012

Lullaby


Hush little one, it’s time to rest,
I know you had such a long day.
The things that had hurt us both,
Let’s put them aside, pray they’d be gone soon.

I’m here for you, stop crying,
We’re both scared but at least we’ve got each other.
I would protect you in my embrace,
In time, everything will be alright.

Don’t worry if you had somehow caused me pain,
Those trials had all but made me stronger.
I’m awed by the fact that you’re still here with me,
Facing the world with bravery.

I too am deeply sorry,
For giving you a dose of misery.
I was blinded by my fears,
I didn’t see that you were just fighting for me.

Let’s now close our eyes and dream of a brighter tomorrow,
For I long to see that smile on your lips.
Here, take my hand and have a little faith,
Because when you wake up tomorrow, I’d still be here.

April 24, 2008
4:52pm
Fam Mam

No comments:

Post a Comment