A Quick Word

Thank you for taking time to visit my blog! For more info about this blog, you may check out the Content tab. For all re-posts and other articles that caught my eye, you'll find them in Echoes. My own literary pieces are in Anthology; tips, trivia and info are in Blabs; anything about movies in Flicks; food-related stuff in Gastronomy; my journey to getting hitched in I Do;places, trips and activities are in Jaunts; anything about books in Lit; and short posts in Snips. Lastly, you'll find my contact details in Say Hi.

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Displaced


All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another.
~Anatole France




I couldn't forget the day I found it.
Among the others, it shone the brightest.
I nurtured it, nourished it.
In return, it gave me happiness well beyond imagination.

But somehow, it had grown formidable.
It began consuming what was supposed to be mine alone.
The day came when I could no longer comprehend it,
I was scared, confused.

I still gave my everything, hence I grew weaker.
And all I could recognize was its side facing me.
In submission, I just let it be.
And prayed it would be its turn to take good care of me.

September 2, 2008
2:47 PM
Fam Mam

No comments:

Post a Comment